Wednesday 2 July 2014

Production Diary 2 – starting research tasks and skills audit

This week we started the some of the planning/research tasks depending on which we preferred to start with. I started with the research tasks because I am still not too sure about what I want to do for my music video so these research tasks can help me to establish more ideas.
I firstly looked through the tasks and picked the ones which I can do even without an idea about the type of music video I want to create. I chose to do the digipak research task. I found out what a digipak was by researching it on the internet and I then included an example of one on the post I posted on Blogger.
I also started on the conventions of a music video as this could help me to get some ideas on the type of music video I want to create as well. I divided this up into sections such as camera, mise-en-scene, editing and sound.

Skills audit
Some skills which I believe I can bring to the project include organisation skills, presentation skills and editing skills. Throughout GCSE and AS I have learnt a lot about organising my time since there were lots of tasks which we had to complete for the coursework. I will make sure to keep up the pace that I have been working up to for previous coursework as it will ensure that I finish the coursework on time.
For AS media I had learnt how to use a variety of different software to present my work so that it is professional and also interesting. For example, I used Prezi and Issuu to present my work in a professional way. These software worked very well and so I plan to use it for my coursework this year as well.
Since I have had some experience in editing on software such as Photoshop and InDesign, I will be able to use the skills I have developed for this coursework. Since I completed my AS media coursework, I have become much better at editing. For example with photos, I am familiar with changing the settings e.g. brightness, contrast, colour etc. and deleting the background.

No comments :

Post a Comment