Thursday 11 September 2014

Production Diary 5 – music video theory and music channels

This week I managed to get two more research tasks done.

Firstly I completed the music video theory task which was fairly easy to complete as I used the information from the work I did for the exam side of this course. I got information on each of the following concepts: narrative, media language, audience, representation and genre. To accompany some of the theories such as the narrative theory I inserted some diagrams beside the text to show the theory in an easier and more interesting way.

Secondly, I completed the music channel task. For this task we have to research information regarding different music channels. I decided to research the music channels 4Music, Viva and MTV because these are the few most known music channels. For each of these music channels I found out information about it such as when it was launched, who it is owned by and the slogan. I also found some more descriptive information such as the details of the launch of 4Music as well as the first music video that was shown on Viva.

For homework, I set myself two tasks to complete: research into genre and audience research.

No comments :

Post a Comment