Friday 26 September 2014

Production Diary 7 - initial planning ideas, moodboard, contact with artist, equipment list, analysis of lyrics

I completed the 2 homework tasks I set myself last week which were: initial planning ideas and moodboard.

I did initial planning ideas on Prezi. In this Prezi I included the brief idea I had on my music video such as the song I am planning to use (“Count On Me” by Bruno Mars) as well as the type of music video (lyric video with a bit of narrative). I also mentioned the possible locations and props I could use for my music video (school themed).

For the moodboard I collected several images of the things related to my music genre (pop), target audience interests (brands, hobbies, status) as well as ideas related to the type of music video I want to create.

For this week’s classwork I chose to do: contact with artist, equipment list and analysis of lyrics.

For the contact with artist I wrote an e-mail to the management of Bruno Mars which I found on his official website. In the e-mail I requested for permission to use his song for my media coursework.

The equipment list requires us to list all the possible equipment which we may use for our music video including the equipment to film the music video such as camera and tripod as well as the props we may use in the music video.

I analysed the lyrics on Prezi as I thought that it would be more suitable as there is no frame which restricts you from putting things like PowerPoint slides. This was important because the lyrics are formatted in a long list and so Prezi would be useful in analysing it wouldn’t fit nicely on a PowerPoint slide. For the analysis I mentioned my interpretation of the lyrics as well as how I may film my music video to match parts of the lyrics for example using the notebook and other props to present the lyrics.

No comments :

Post a Comment