Friday 19 September 2014

Production Diary 6 - research into equipment, artist, directors, genre and audience

This week in class I set myself 3 tasks to do which were: research into equipment, research into artist and research into music video directors.

For the equipment task I wrote about the different equipment which I plan to use to make my music video. These included the camera, tripod as well as software –Adobe Premiere, InDesign and Photoshop. I briefly explained why I plan to use these equipment and also mentioned how it would help me to make my music video.

I did the ‘research into directors’ task on PowerPoint. I researched the directors of the videos which I liked such as Katy Perry’s “Birthday”. Through this research I found out about the other videos which these directors had directed. For example Tanimura the director of “Birthday” also directed other Katy Perry songs which was interesting to know. I also found that a lot of the music video directors also directed films.

I researched Bruno Mars and noted some of the important and interesting information about him. Firstly, I found the basic information about him including his birth name, date of birth, occupations etc. I also researched the awards and nominations he received and also other areas of success such as his album sales.

I completed the homework task I set myself to complete which were: research into genre and audience research.

I used Prezi to present my work regarding the research into the pop genre. I firstly found the definitions of pop music. This was rather interesting to see how people defined it. I also noted the conventions of pop music, mentioning the clothing and colours used for example. I also mentioned some famous pop artists and included some images of them.

For the audience research I used a website called PowToon. This is a website which creates animated presentations. Since I had used PowerPoint and Prezi quite a few times already I wanted to find a different way to present my work and I came across this when I was searching for different ways to present things on the internet. I found this website fairly easy to use as the way it was set out was easy to get used to. Despite not having being taught or looked at tutorials and managing to make an animated presentation is a personal accomplishment and perhaps suggests the simplicity of the website. Although it was quite easy to use but the outcome was wonderful as it looked professional and interesting.

I typed up the information before I put it in the presentation as it made it easier to work with and also ensured that I had a copy of the information in case it didn’t work out. I wrote about the age, gender, social class and interests of my target audience.

No comments :

Post a Comment