Friday 3 October 2014

Production Diary 8 - improvements to work: conventions, theory, ancillary tasks, work that I admire

This week’s classwork I set myself to improve some of the tasks I previously did. These include the moodboard and work that I admire.

I added in some more images for my moodboard. These images were more closely related to the kind of things I would include in my music video as previously I included a lot of images which were related to the audience. For example, I found an image of someone laying on the grass with a guitar which relates to my idea of having two people sitting on the grass with one playing the guitar and another lying down beside them.

For the work that I admire, I only analysed the videos and said what I liked about it. To improve it I talked about how it would influence the music video I make such adopting similar techniques such as having a bit of narrative in my video ad using similar transitions.

Another task I set myself was to find some fonts which I could use. This is an important task because my music video is going to be based on the lyrics of the song so I need to have a variety of suitable fonts that I can use for the lyrics that will be shown throughout the video.

The homework tasks I set myself last week were to improve the analysis of the ancillary tasks, music video theory and the conventions of a music video. To improve the analysis of the ancillary tasks I analysed another digipak and magazine advert as I previously analysed a website instead. I also added in a short paragraph on how the analysis has helped me to learn about what to do for my own product.

For the music video theory, I added in how I would apply each section (narrative, audience, media language and genre) to my own music video. For example I mentioned how I may create my music video so that it would suit the pop genre.


Finally for the conventions of a music video task, I also added in how I would apply certain conventions to my music video and others which were not necessary. For example, I would still use some camera movements e.g. pan but not some of the editing e.g. parallel editing.

No comments :

Post a Comment