Thursday 9 October 2014

Production Diary 9 – influences of music styles and improved previous tasks

I had improved some tasks I did before because I did not get the highest score I could have. I added a few sentences describing what I had done for the contact artist task. I also added some images in the conventions of a music video task.

For homework I improved some of the previous research tasks: music label research, genre research and I also completed the influences of music styles task.

For the music label task I added in a few sentences summarising what I had researched and what I found out whilst doing the research.
Similarly for the genre research task I wrote a couple of sentences regarding how the task had help me in developing my music video.

For the influence of music styles task I researched the different kinds of pop music that exists and noted some of them such as pop rock, dance-pop and indie pop. I found the notable artists, some characteristics as well as a brief history of the genre. I also made a venn diagram to represent the instruments used in each of the 3 genres. This venn diagram showed the instruments which overlapped in the genres and instruments which were more distinct to one of the pop genres. I found this research task quite interesting as I found out that there were so many different types of pop genres which had developed. However, I found that most of these subgenres overlapped by quite a lot and it is possible quite hard to differentiate them as a lot of artists belong to more than one of those pop subgenres.

No comments :

Post a Comment